1. For Patient
Stay Away From Others
• Stay in a well-ventilated single room preferably with an attached/separate toilet.
• If another family member needs to stay in the same room, it’s advisable to maintain a distance of at least 1 meter between the two.
• Stay away from elderly people, pregnant women, children, and persons with co morbidities within the household.
Restrict All Movement So That Others In The House Stay Safe From Infection
• Use a separate bathroom
• Under no circumstances attend any social/religious gathering e.g. wedding, condolences, etc.
Seek Health Care And Notify
• If suffering from fever, cough, or having difficulty in breathing, wear a mask to protect others and immediately get in touch with your nearest health facility
Avoid Going To Public Areas
• Do not go to work, school, or public areas
• If you are infected, you could transmit infection to others
Avoid Visitors Or Support Staff Coming To The House
• You may likely pass infection unknowingly
• Support staff like maids, drivers, etc should be asked to stay away
2. For Caregiver
• Take care of bed ridden person helping them follow doctor’s instructions for medication(s) and care.
• Make sure the person who is sick drinks a lot of fluids and rests.
• Take care of their pet(s), and limit contact between the person who is sick and their pet(s) when possible.
• Fever and breathing must be monitored regularly and reported immediately in case there is breathing difficulty or very high fever.
• Avoid sharing household items like dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, bedding with the person.
• Throw used tissues in a lined closed trash can.
• Wash and disinfect linen in warm water and soap, dry in sun Washing machine: use disinfectant, soap, warm water, dry in sun
• Linen can be soaked in hot water and soap in a large drum, using a stick to stir, avoiding splashing
• (soak linen in 0.05% chlorine for approximately 30 minutes.
• Finally, rinse with clean water and let linen dry fully in the sunlight.
• Place all used tissues, disposable gloves, facemasks, and other contaminated items in a lined container before disposing them of with other household waste.
Clean And Disinfect:
• All “high-touch” surfaces, such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables, every day.
• Also, clean any surfaces that may have blood, stool, or body fluids on them.
3. For Family
• Often thoroughly with soap and water for 40 secs or with 70% alcohol-based sanitizer for 20 secs
• Stay away from elderly members
• Household members should stay in another room separated from the person as much as possible.
• Household members should use a separate bedroom and bathroom, if available.
Prevent Spread Of Infection
• Avoid sharing household items e.g. dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, bedding with other people at home.
• Always wear a triple layered mask when in contact with an infected person.
• Disposable masks should not be reused. (Used mask should be considered as potentially infected). Dispose Masks safely.
Take Prompt Action
• If symptoms appear (fever/cough /difficulty in breathing) inform your healthcare provider immediately.